Sunday, October 5, 2014

Cottonwood Pass, CO

Bill is taking a rest besides the Taylor River
before heading off to Cottonwood Pass, CO.

This is the view that greeted us as we
came upon Taylor Reservoir.

I was able to capture this fishing hawk
over the lake.  If anyone knows exactly
what kind of hawk this is, let me
know and I will edit the post.

Another view of the stunning scenery,

Getting closer to Cottonwood Pass.
I find it amazing that at 48 degrees I had the
window open to cool off since the
sun was rather strong.

Approaching the timber line, I saw these "baby"
firs.  The larger is about 14" tall and the smaller
about 4".  It takes a very long time for them
to grow up here.

You can see where we are going next.

Almost there!

Finally made it!  It only took two hours, but
it was a marvelous ride!

The wind was raging at the top.

Beginning the descent down, heading off
to Salida, CO.

I don't normally post restrooms, but I wanted
you to see the "journey" I went on to find some
relief.  Thanks to all my physical therapists
that made this possible with God's grace!!!


No comments: