Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last of Montana into Idaho and Washington

After breakfast in Libby, Montana we started to head
west once again on Route 2. We pulled over to the side of
the road to go and see the Kootenai Falls and swinging bridge.


After hiking quite a distance we were still not at the falls.
We took a breather here before going on.


Bill took this closeup shot of Kootenai Falls.
I was not up to climbing over the large rocks.


A long shot of the falls.


We then retraced our steps and went even further to
see the swinging bridge. I still can't believe I made the
hike to set foot on this bridge. You can see this is as
far as I wanted to go. It does swing if you set your mind to
make it move!


Bill wanted everyone to see that we were
really hiking. We spent two hours going up and down
trails and several flights of stairs over the
Burlington Northern Railroad. This railroad
line has been with us following Route 2
for many of the states we have been in.


Keeping my daughter's tradition alive, I did stop to
take a shot of our entrance into Idaho.



We were only in Idaho for a short time. I found this bridge
at the Moyie River interesting. We also found it difficult
to find a place to eat before entering Washington state.
It is amazing how little some of these towns are.
If you blink too much, you miss the town!


My last shot for the day was the sign announcing our
arrival into the "Evergreen State". Bill's priority for tomorrow
is to see if one of the two Subaru dealers in Spokane can
fit his car in for an oil change and checkup before moving
along. I believe we have put about 3500 miles on the car
in two week's time. I just love this whole traveling thing!



No comments: