Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Port Angeles, WA

While we were waiting for the Port Townsend Ferry
we watched a deer having lunch.


Sailing, sailing over the bounding mane, I hold on to the
car doors until I get my sea legs.


I thought for awhile we were going to ram this
container ship.


We say goodbye to eastern shore.


After twenty minutes, we see Port Townsend in the distance.


We sail closer to the shore of Port Townsend.


The captain begins the final approach.


We wave to the captain and thank him for a safe voyage.


At Port Angeles we saw ocean going vessels loading cargo.
In the foreground were logs awaiting to be processed
into paper at the Nippon paper mill.


I saw rock art like this last year in Canada and when I saw
these I just had to take this photo. In the background you
will see the Strait of Juan de Fuca with Vancouver Island,
Canada on the far shore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean and Bill,
So good to see you having such an awesome time. I cannot tell you how much Christoper and I enjoyed your Blog. The pictures were fantastic. How beautiful. You did a great job. We learned so much from the informative information you provided with each picture. Jean when do you start your new career as journalist? We absolutely felt like we went on the trip with you, but did not have to spend the money for the gas. We graciously want to thank you for sharing your trip with us. Have a safe trip home. Look forward to seeing you soon.
With our Love, Jeri and Chris