Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Over to Williston, ND

You will see here that the vegetation is green with
many ponds or lakes in the area.


There is still quite a bit of water in this pond. As we
began to head to the western part of North Dakota,
the topography started to change.


Bill looks very comfortable at the geographical center of
North America in Rugby, ND. I understand that the
geographical center of the lower 48 is somewhere
in Kansas.


I couldn't resist doing the "touristy thing" and snapping
this photo. Corny, isn't it!


These cattle were kind enough to pose for me.


Aren't these horses beautiful?


I think you can really see how dry the area has become.
We had stopped for a rest and were amazed at how
parched we felt in just a few minutes.


Bill asked me to take this picture to see just how far
the last rise in the distance was. It turned out to
be over ten miles! It looks like the road just disappears!
I did take a video of the prairie grass "waving in the
wind". It is truly beautiful.

No comments: