Wednesday, September 17, 2008

9,000 Miles and Still Talking!

Today was our final day of our magnificent adventure.
We began at this music store in Pittsburgh
where you can find anything
you need for a church music program.
It is such a joy to visit here annually.


Since I did not take a long time at Volkwein's, Bill afforded me
the pleasure of going to the Mount Washington Overlook
to view Pittsburgh. Here you see the Monongahela River
to the right, the Allegheny River in the background to the right,
and when these two rivers join at the point in the center of the
picture, they form the Ohio River. That's your
geography lesson for the day.


I really am not a big city person, but I do like Pittsburgh.
I think this is a beautiful representation of the
skyline of a great city.


Another view of Pittsburgh from Mount Washington Overlook.


A long shot of the Monongahela River and Pittsburgh.


I am happy to be here on a bright and sunny day.


Heinz Field.


A Pennsylvania Farm House off the Turnpike.


Pennsylvania Landscape.
Yes, those are wind turbines in the distance.


I really had wanted to have a picture taken of me
hiding out in a cornfield, but it was not possible.
So, I decided to have Bill take a picture of me with a Scrub Pine.
This is truly a sign that we are back in New Jersey!


A beautiful sunset at the Jersey Shore.


Another view of the sunset.


We completed our journey at a very unique establishment here in
Toms River - Joshua Huddy's. Even after traveling 9,000 miles and
being together 39 days we are still talking to one another.
I thank God for this wonderful country and the people we have
met. I thank Bill for making this adventure possible.
My advice to you is take the opportunity to travel this great
United States. It is simply awesome!!! Amen!!!

No comments: