Sunday, September 7, 2008

Going to Southeastern Montana

The first time I saw the log homes in Montana I was
captivated by them. Bill quickly pulled off the road
when he saw this company so I could take a photo.


Here we have one log home in the process of being built.
After being assembled in the log yard, the pieces are
numbered, disassembled and loaded, like a massive
jigsaw puzzle, onto a delivery vehicle.


This picture is for my sister, Donna. I had tried to find
a postcard to send to her but had no luck. The best I
could do was to capture a portion of a rainbow over the
Hardin, Montana sign.


Bill's artsy fartsy picture of the Eastern Montana landscape.


Two young bulls along a dirt road that lasted nearly 40 miles.


My fascination with log homes continues.


One more beautiful view along the never ending dirt road.


Please enjoy our adventure.


An unbelievable geological formation awaited each turn.


This cow got the "cow" gram I sent. See how nicely
she posed for me? This is open range country, which
means cattle go where they please, even in the middle of the road.



We are finally back on the highway. Birds nest in the
eroded openings. If the holes are deep enough, bats
will also sleep in them.


That's a real Montana sky!
This is a prelude of what will come when
we head off to the North Dakota Badlands tomorrow.

No comments: