Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bryce Canyon National Park, UT

Welcome to the Park!


We started at the top of the park like my daughter
suggested. Here are some hoodoos.


Bill in front of a long shot, where you can see
for miles and miles.


Bryce Canyon is one of my favorite national parks.


An odd shaped formation in the park.


Hoodoos surrounded by greenery.
An artsy fartsy picture on my part.


Here I am with my beloved hoodoos!


The sandstone formations are just incredible.


Navajo white sandstone formations I found
by using my zoom lens.


The red in the sandstone is formed by
iron minerals that have rusted.


Natural Bridge.


I just love this red rock!


Some more Navajo white sandstone formations.


More hoodoos!


As wide a view I could take of Bryce at the beginning
of the national park.


This is my favorite shot of Bryce Canyon.
When you see all these hoodoos, you know
it must be Bryce Canyon National Park, UT!


How much longer will this tree hang on?
I find the formations in the foreground
a bit weird, but interesting.
I love this place, but we have to leave tomorrow.
We will be heading off to the North Rim of the
Grand Canyon, which is less traveled than
the South Rim. That also means we will
be without cell and internet while we
are there. So happy blog followers,
check back in with us in a couple of days.
Good bye for now and God Bless!





























No comments: