Sunday, August 14, 2011

Garden City, KS

120' blade from a GE wind turbine, Lamar, CO. See Bill?



Rows of hay drying in the fields, eastern CO.

I was captivated watching this farmer dig up
his field of white onions. I had never seen this
done before and I could have stayed here for hours
watching him do his harvesting.


He has turned around and is making another
path away from us while we watch.


Can you seen the white onions lying on the ground?


Another machine has bagged the onions. I wish
I could have seen how this was done.


My "baby bales"!
Most times we see the larger bales,
but some farmers choose to bale
in smaller amounts.


Does anyone know what
"ad astra per aspera" means? (above Kansas).
"To the stars through difficulties"
is the Kansas slogan.
I had to look that one up on Wikipedia.
My mantra is "The Mountains Are
Calling and I Must Go" - John Muir


I was surprised to find an oil pumper in Kansas.
These farmers in the west use all the resources
available to them in order to make a living.
God Bless them, I could not survive!
The next stop is Stockton, KS, where they
will be hosting the state fair this week.
It ought to be interesting, but I don't know
if we will have internet, so check the blog
a couple of days from now.










No comments: