Monday, May 5, 2014

Lake Worth, FL

We stopped at a small state park along Route 1
on the way to Lake Worth.  I just had to take a
picture of these aloe plants with the other
ground cover.  They are beautiful.
 

I got so excited when I finally saw coconuts
on this palm tree along Coconut Row.  Bill
informed me that not all palm trees have
coconuts.  There are so many kinds of palm trees
I could never remember what they all are.
 

Royal Palms line this view of the town square.
 

Here's a really good shot of coconuts on a coconut
palm at Karl and Kathy's in Lake Worth.  Karl and
Bill came from western PA to teach in Toms River.
Karl gave me a lesson about the coconuts.  Inside the
green is the fiber like brown shell you have to crack
open to get to the coconut to eat.  In the spring of the
year most home owners will have them removed
before hurricane season arrives to avoid damages
from falling coconuts.  That's one thing we don't
have to worry about in NJ!
 

A Roibellini Palm.  It is a slow grower.
 

Karl and Bill in front of a large Bird of
Paradise that grows very quickly.  I found out
that Karl taught with my friend's uncle and
got him interested in coaching soccer.
He ended up being the head soccer coach
at Southeastern in Florida for many years.
What a small world!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments: