Thursday, May 24, 2018

John Deere Museum, Waterloo, IA

We were here two years ago.

Welcome!
I love this place!

The Waterloo Boy.
John Deere is celebrating
its 100th year in business.
This was run on kerosene.

The John Deere Corn Binder.
It was used to combine cutting
and binding of the corn stalks.

Bill is pointing to the step used
to get up on the tractor.  Guess I
won't be climbing that any time soon!

One of the more recent models.
We were told that the museum
borrows models form owners
for a year to rotate presentations
in the museum.

Had to stand next to the largest of
the tractors they have in the museum.

By using stairs on the other side, I was able
to climb into the tractor.

This is the GPS the farmer uses to
plant seeds.  I was going to have
Bill take a picture of me driving
this, but my camera battery died.
He used my phone instead.

This is Bill in his famous "go west, young 
man" pose with the Cedar River behind him.









No comments: