Friday, May 22, 2015

Northeast TX: 5-20&21-15

Once again, internet issues have hindered posting.
In Amarillo we drove over to the Cadillac Ranch
only to find the area a mud bath!   People came back
from spray painting these Cadillac cars with
ruined sneakers from the mud.  You can see the
water lying on top of the mud in this picture.

Here is a closeup of one of the spray painted Cadillac cars.

The following day we left Amarillo and stopped in
Groom, TX.  Sister Donna had told me about this
place that has bronze statuary depicting the stations
of the cross.  Here you see Pilate "washing his hands"
after condemning Jesus to death.
 
"Pieta"
Jesus stopping to speak with his Mother.
 
Long view of "The Last Supper" and "The
Crucifixion" on the hill.
 
Closeup of "The Last Supper".  Judas Iscariot
is to the far right.
 
 "The Crucifixion"

The tomb where Jesus was laid is empty.

The huge cross that is like a giant in Groom, TX.
I found this exhibit to be quite emotional for me.

Bill insisted I take this photo since we do not
see this where we live in NJ.

A few years my daughter and I saw this tiny general
store in Allenreed, TX.  I was surprised to see it was
still here on Route 66!
 
 

No comments: