Monday, May 11, 2015

Virgin River Gorge, AZ

This is not a pretty picture, but it was the
first time I saw an electric vehicle
charging station.  This was at out hotel
 in Henderson, NV.

Yesterday morning we met a man who was meeting
his family to go sand railing.  I just had to ask
what that was.  This is a sand railing beach buggy.
You race these things on the sand dunes and I was
told they go rather fast.  I had never heard of it
and found it pretty interesting.

We traveled through the Great Basin area in NV.
The Great Basin is surrounded by high mountains
which does not let the air exchange like it normally
would.  The air appears to be smog like.  Yes,
those are a couple of Joshua Trees!

We drove through the Virgin River Gorge in AZ.

It was a bit tricky, but I did manage to get a photo 
of the Virgin River.

Bill spotted this lone fish hook cactus.
The spines on it look like fish hooks.

Some of the scenery reminded us of the
Grand Canyon, also in AZ.

No comments: