Saturday, May 16, 2015

Winslow, AZ: 5-16-15

We left the Grand Canyon this morning and
headed off to Flagstaff and indeed saw snow!

We decided to take a side trip up the the Arizona
Snow Bowl and saw this mule deer.

You may be aware I love my aspen trees!
I have now had the chance to see them
 in the spring.  They are the ones with
the white tree trunks.

More snow and a gorgeous blue sky!

Getting closer to the top of the Arizona Snow Bowl.

Pretty as a picture post card.

What a contrast!  Love the open space on I-40 East.

Finally made it to Winslow, AZ!
Taken from the Eagles' "Standin'
on the corner in Winslow, AZ"!

The mural tells the story in the song.

Bill and I bought T-Shirts in the store
across the street.

"It's a girl, my Lord, in a flat bed Ford slowing
down to take a look at me.  Take it easy, 
take it easy. Don't let the sound of your
own wheels drive you crazy."

No comments: