Monday, May 18, 2015

Petrified Forest National Park and Painted Desert, AZ: 5-17-15

Welcome!

You can see the tee rings on the end cut of this
petrified log.  I like the brilliant colors.

Pieces of petrified wood are scattered everywhere.

Here I am climbing up the steps with my friend, Pia.
I decided to name my cane Pia.  You figure out what
the acronym stands for!

This is the largest log in the park.

Why can't I take one of these home?

It took me several tries, but I finally got the lizard.

A nice assortment of logs.

This is the teepee section of the Blue Mesa in
the Park.

More teepees!

 Petroglyphs from the Newspaper Rock.

This vegetation marks the boundary between
the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert.

We are now in the Painted Desert.  The various
colors of sandstone along with erosion make
these beauties.

A panoramic view of Painted Desert.
To see this in person takes your breath away.

Every shade of red and pink that you can
imagine is here.

We bid a fond farewell to a beautiful day.
I took 60 pictures and choosing the best
ones was very difficult.

No comments: