Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Danville, PA

Bill and I started off on a road trip out to the Rockies
yesterday.  This time we decided to take I-80
across PA instead of I-70.  Our first stop
was at the Delaware Water Gap.
 
 It was time for lunch and we found this charming
place called the Pocono Pub and Grill.  Hey, Cousin Tony!
There were several "salt of the earth" type
people at the bar, but my phone was in the car.

We found this rather nice home in Danville to
be quite charming.

Knowing me, no road trip would be complete
without a picture of agriculture.  I loved the
terraced look of the soy beans, corn and wheat.

If you were following my blog, you know I was
able to capture a great white heron at the delta
of the Mississippi River in LA. Here I was able
to snap a picture of a blue heron on the
Susquehanna River.

A long view of the Susquehanna River.

We came across a lovely little park beside
the river.  Click on the picture to see it
larger.  The first shrub is a blue princess holly.

Aren't these roses spectacular?

A small sampling of historic downtown Danville, PA.

No comments: