Saturday, September 27, 2014

Vernal, UT

I have a smile on my face, but I was absolutely
terrified for 20 minutes before hand.  A fierce
thunderstorm rolled through Vernal as 
predicted along with a flash flood warning.
With the horizon being so open, the winds, rain
and lightning were incredible.  We were on our way
to dinner when the lights went out.  Made it
back to the hotel that had electric and watched 
the rain turn to hail and scrapple.  Once it stopped,
I had to get the snow like material and make the
snowball you see above.

We did go back down to where there was electric
and got this photo of the rain running down the
side of the street.

Another shot of the water raging down the
side of the road.  Apparently these people are used
to storms like these since we saw businesses wit
sand bags at their front doors.

A close up of the water going over a bump
 in the road.  I thought it was a rather interesting
click of the camera.

No comments: